[Dailydrool] eye removal surgery

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Thu Mar 22 04:47:48 PDT 2012

Our Pw Miss Pauline, now ATB, had eye removal surgery
due to glaucoma and had no problems with it. She was
8 1/2 years old and fought glaucoma in her eye for
almost 3  years before the surgery. Our regular vet did
the surgery at a much more reasonable price; we did
not do the prosthesis so it was a pretty simple surgery
and Pauline sported a permanent wink for the rest of
her life. Many of you will remember her eye patch
hat made for her by former Drooler Melissa Rogers
which she wore with great pride. Miss P loved to
dress up!

In spite of my fears about this, Pauline kept her
"look" and expressions even though she had just
one eye.  We never had a single problem with
the surgery site and never regretted not getting
the prothesis. I know other Droolers have done
the prothesis and were happy with the results so
I think it's a matter of personal choice - Sophie
won't care one way or the other. . .

A word of warning, though - Miss P  used to
take advantage of having only one eye.  When I
would catch her eating dirt or doing something else
she shouldn't  be doing, she'd look up at me when
I called her name and then she'd turn around and
put her blind side to me and go right back to what
she was doing. . . .

We sure do miss our one eyed girl.

Donna, drool fueler for Gracie, Bosley and Sunny