[Dailydrool] Eye removal

Karen Williams bazadaba at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 16:15:47 PDT 2012

I just recently went through this with my 7 year old Millie. Our first action was the injection to kill the pressure but keep her eye. Unfortunately it didn't work on Millie. The pressure continued to be high. Our only option was removal then. I elected to have the vet put in a small stainless ball as a placeholder of sorts. Millie has a small head and her eyes are very prominent. I felt that the sunken area where the eye was would really be very distracting and take away from here baby face look. I was very pleased with the results although I'm not sure Its worth the extra cost.  I think she would be just as cute without it.
Millie came through everything just fine and the lack of one eye has not slowed her down at all. In fact she is feeling so much better now that the pressure is gone she is acting like a puppy again, well almost.

Karen