[Dailydrool] New Basset puppy

Nina Young nina at mettis.co.za
Mon Mar 26 05:13:36 PDT 2012

Have just chosen our Basset puppy!  First time dog and Basset owners and desperately looking for tips!!

Little Booh arrives on the 15th of April, and we are away for the week before that so I need to get everything ready before we leave.
What do I need?  She will be 8 weeks when we fetch her.

I have been doing a lot of reading and having a crate for her seems the way to go...  But what size must it be and how high the sides?  I don't forsee her being in it during the day, except when I have to pop out, but she will need to be in there at night (sorry, but no dogs on the bed).
What is the best method to house train her?
I have been told to get her plenty of toys to chew and I will continue with the food the breeder is feeding her.
So many, many questions, but we are so excited.  You would think we were expecting a child, with all the fuss :-)

Many thanks

Nina :-)