[Dailydrool] Jackie ATB

Jane Lyons jane at robertlyonsphotography.com
Mon Mar 26 12:52:18 PDT 2012

Hi all,

We are very sad today as we had to send our Jackie Boy to the bridge
this morning.  He had been diagnosed with renal disease just over a year
ago.  We had been managing it with special diet, aluminum hydroxide caps
and close monitoring for the last year.  He seemed to be doing well up
until a few weeks ago.  He became very weak in the rear end and
eventually could not hold up his rear at all.  He was also virtually
blind and was becoming incontinent.  But, he motored along, and was
quite content with his limited mobility.  he had his sister April for a
constant companion and 2 slaves who doted on his every need.

Several days ago, he  stopped eating.  nothing we prepared was worth
eating and he even tried to escape from the food when we put it down.
We were bringing the water bowl to him and he did continue to drink, but
not as much as before.  We knew he was in end stage renal failure, but
it happened very quickly over the past 2 days.  he had no quality of
life and we vowed not to let him suffer.  We made the terrible decision
this morning, but we are at peace with it, because we know it was the
right decision for him.

You can see our babies on the July 24 page of the daily drool calendar
for 2012.  When that picture was taken last fall, they both were still
doing well.  We had hoped that they would make it to their calendar day,
but it was not to be.

I know that he is meeting up with Elder Clara, and Queen Fey fey, and
all the other "stars" and "divas" at the bridge.  What a comforting
thought that is!

Our house will be very quiet tonight.

Rob and Jane Lyons
Slaves to April