[Dailydrool] awwwww moment

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 26 12:44:16 PDT 2012

Hi all, it's the clueless momPerson here,

Ok, so yesterday was not the world's greatest day at our house.  My husband was
feeling poorly, my teenager is grounded for life, the weather was awful AND
Natalie insisted on baking after dinner and despite her assurances the kitchen
wound up looking like it had exploded (again).  The worst was the sugar .... she
makes her own frosting too and she ran out of powdered sugar so she used regular
sugar and the blender which does work but there was a malfunction and yeah .....

So, aparently I was less than tactful when at the very end of my day after
everything else and having already cleaned the kitchen once after dinner I came
back in and ... yeah .... geez.

Natalie was upset.  She bakes to relax and it didn't go well.  And she is a real
sensitive kid.  And it was bedtime.  Cyrus headed straight outside when he saw
the smoke pour out of my ears.  Snoopy was asleep in the reading chair.  So, I
gave myself 10 minutes to calm down and headed back to tuck Natalie in.  She was
in bed, quiet and calm .... kind of hunched over.  So .... I went and climbed
into bed with her .... and I found a rather soggy foster basset being hugged
very tightly by a nearly sleeping girl.  I inquired why LuLu had such a soggy
back ... and Natalie smiled a little and claimed she had no idea.  I asked if
those could be tears making my foster basset so soggy and Natalie denied all
knowledge.  LuLu was still and silent on the issue .... but I swear she gave me
a dirty look.

So, I left them like that.  Now, LuLu doesn't ever sleep with the kids.  She
follows Cyrus or me around like a shadow.  Anyway I left her when I went to bed
at 11 she was still with Natalie.  I worried a little because I usually take her
outside before I go to bed (she's scared of the dark) .... but ... I figured she
and Natalie were both sound asleep so I left them.  Around 1:30 I woke and went
down to the kitchen for some water and LuLu showed up then and indicated she
wanted to go out so I took her then.  She followed me back to bed and slept the
rest of the night with Greg and I.

The whole thing amazed me .... LuLu has been through a lot ... and she has only
been in our home less than a month.  Of course, she has had many litters as her
body shows .... I guess she is just a mother at heart.

more later from the clueless momPerson with Snoopy (who slept through
everything) and Cyrus (who for ONCE didn't have to be the one to calm down
Natalie) and LuLu (who is a very good snuggler)