[Dailydrool] Dailydrool Digest, Vol 207, Issue 10

Kimi Adolph kimizmail at comcast.net
Mon Mar 26 11:22:12 PDT 2012

I plan on taking Edmond to the vet, but was curious if anyone had some tips.

Edmond will be going on a long car trip in June (about 10 hours each way) because we simply can't leave him in a kennel for two weeks for our wedding and honeymoon. He will hang out with my parents in California instead. The problem is last time we drove him down there he worked himself up into such a tizzy he upset his stomach for 3 days and couldn't eat without vomiting. His anxiety was just too bad. I was hoping we could give him something to keep him calm. We had a lhasa mutt growing up and he always got a small tranquilizer during the 4th of July because he would shake himself silly at fireworks.

Any ideas? A few may remember he "came with" xanax for separation anxiety and when he got that he had the exact opposite reaction so I want to be able to try anything out with him in advance. I won't be riding down with him so there will be no one to cuddle him in the backseat. He is absolutely fine driving around town in the car and loves it.. its freeways that are a problem.

Thanks in advance!
Kimi & Edmond Dawd (I'on't like going dat fast in da car!)

Photos of Edmond's adventure in the gardens: http://www.flickr.com/photos/76220011@N08/with/6838814340/