[Dailydrool] Basset in Desperate Need!!

melissa fenchel mibassetrescue at att.net
Tue Mar 27 08:55:03 PDT 2012

Basset Hound Name :Jagger
Location: Iowa
Iowa Bassett Rescue in Sioux City said they had no more openings to take him
Male Tri-Colored
Turned 10 on March 15th, 2012 - just a few days ago
He is current and up to date all all his vaccinations until May 16th.
He is both neutered and housebroken.
He is great around kids and loves attention. Gets along well with people and
other Basset's. Very playful when you try to grab at his front feet (paws)
he tucks them under and starts to bark at ya...it's funny and cute. If you
get him to wound up, he tears around the house like a mad man.
He drinks a lot of water, so I give him fresh water at least 3 times a day.
I also give him 4 treats a day for his joints an coat the in peanut butter,
these are only $1 a bag at Dollar Tree stores and I have about 4 extra bags
to go along with him. These treats keep his joints healthy and help in
repairing any damage that may occur in torn ligaments, etc. It's a cheap and
effective way to keep his joints functioning like they should.
When he gets cold, he likes to be covered with his blanket, so just his head
sticks out..lol...when he gets to hot, he'll just crawl out of the blanket
and lay in front of a fan.
He likes to bark in 3's when he gets wound up, he is a fun boy!
Just gave him last does of Heartgard on March 17th - He will need more
Has 1 dose left of Advantage 2 for Flea and Tick Control - Gave him last
does of Advantage 2 on March 17th
He is very spoiled and an indoor house dog - he like to sleep in your bed,
if you help him up or the couch, although he does have his own dog bed
He does have a lump on the bottom of his chest that should be removed, but I
can't afford it.
He is a good dog, he is still playful, fun, loving and loyal and needs to go
to a home that will spoil him the same and can afford to take care of his
needs with both food and future vet visits, medication, etc.
He is used to be walked everyday, about 10-12 blocks or so and like t let
outside often.
He will let you know when he has to go potty, he will either stand by the
door or bark or he starts getting ancy...if you say, "Wanna go outside" or
Gotta go potty" he knows what you mean and he's real excited he will bark
when you ask him.
He likes it when you play with him, sing to him and talk with him. I use to
read to him.
Any questions about why he does what he does then please call me at
712-291-0165 (Tim) and I'll explain what he wants.
He is currently eating canned dog food or soft items as I think his teeth
need cleaned and that is why it's hard for him to eat his hard dry food. He
use to eat it all the time..I had another Basset who had the same problem
until her teeth were cleaned and then she started eating her dry hard dog
food again afterwards. Of course, he likes table scraps, treats and human
food. I know, I know!

Info on me...
My health has been in major decline the last 16 months since my wife
divorced me, got the house and took my son! High Blood Pressure, Heart
Disease, COPD and Congestive Heart Failure. I can barely function let alone
even take care of my dog...he needs and deserves much better treatment that
I cannot give him anymore. He's a good boy and deserves so much more! No one
will help me, no one cares! This even makes me stress even more, which in
turn also effects my health. Right now I take 8 different pills everyday for
my conditions, and 2 weeks ago they wanted to give me even more pills and I
said NO, and twice 2 different Doctors tried to admit me to the emergency
room right from the Doctor's office and I declined for lack of funds which
would put me under more pressure knowing I owed that money as well. It would
just cause more worry. The last visit a few weeks ago, my Doctor is the one
who said to get rid of my dog and I told him, it's very hard to even
consider that, well now, I can't even find no one who wants him or the
responsibility of a dog. I'm left with no choice. My health has gotten so
bad that I'm afraid if I never wake up or die in my sleep that my dog would
die with me as there would be no one to give him continued food and water
and this is not fair to him...this is a serious matter! I've already been
informed I've suffered a mild heart attack.

PLEASE NOTE I DO NOT GET ONLINE OFTEN, IT IS BEST TO CALL....712-291-0165
(Tim)
I have to be out from my apt as well by the end of March... He deserves a
home and not to be in a cage in a humane society where he probably be killed
...please help or forward this to someone asap who can or may be able to
help...

Michigan Basset Rescue
100% Recycled Bassets
http://www.michiganbassetrescue.org