[Dailydrool] Brag and cataract question

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Mon Mar 26 22:02:10 PDT 2012

Of the 7 of our dogs who live upstairs (5 downstairs) only one is a
Basset Hound... and also the ONLY one who is really, really smart. We
have to isolate her and one little Fox terrier whenever we let the pit
bull out of her crate (she hates those two and only those two). After
just two times, our genius BH knows the word "bathroom!" and gets up
from wherever she's sleeping and runs into that room. The other dog has
to be coaxed with a treat. I am so proud of Sydney, the super BH.

On another note, Sydney has cataracts in both eyes. She's about 10 and
while we'd rather she not be completely blind, are not sure we can
afford surgery on both. Has anyone ever just had one eye "fixed"? (I,
myself, have had just one eye fixed, though have cataracts in both, just
worse in one than the other.) About how much did it cost?

Riche,
world-renowned publisher of the Bugler, she fondly imagines.