[Dailydrool] Heart breaking decision drool needed...

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Thu Mar 29 20:11:55 PDT 2012

Dear Droolers,
As you know we are struggling through some difficult times right now.  So many of you have sent words of support both privately and here on the Drool.  We so appreciate all the support but must ask for drool and prayers once again.  Bless their hearts, our daughters have been amazing.  We have been alternately staying with one or the other as we actively search for a new rental home. We found several but NONE will accept more than two dogs.

After much thought and prayers we have come to the conclusion that we are going to have to re-home two of our furbabies.  It's beyond heartbreaking -  like picking one child over another or choosing which arm to cut off.  Because Dozer is a senior guy and Delilah, our shy gurl, was an owner surrender to US, we think our Daisy Belle and Dudley would make the easiest adjustment.  Daisy,who will be seven years old in December, however, was our very first Basset Hound and introduced us to the world of houndies and the Drool.  We got her as a bupster and together we worked through her growing pains.  She still hasn't gotten her complete set of brains, but is sweet, loving and a  dedicated counter-cruiser.  Dudley is the youngest of our crew, probably about five or six years old.  He was found wandering the streets of a city in NJ and while he loves everyone is still somewhat food territorial.  We feed him separately in his crate and never try to take a toy, bone or other possession away from  him and that seems to work well.  He does well in a dog park playing with other dogs but might do better in a single hound household or one with a female hound as he has had some scuffles with Dozer.

We have put in a call to one of our local Basset rescues and will probably contact the other as well.  If anyone can find a spot in their hearts or home for either of our furkids it would put our mind at ease to know they were going to folks who loved houndies as much as we do.

Sadly,
Sandi, Mamaslave to the NJ4
Daisy, Delilah, Dozer and Dudley