[Dailydrool] Speechless

Mr Shannon R Gerdel bassethoundbutler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 21:56:49 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am not sure why I am sending this to all of you. I guess it's because I
know you will understand. After proof reading it, I know why I wrote it.
You all share your good news with me, it's high time I did the same. I
called my veterinary clinic the other day to let them know that I would
have money to them after the first of the month, and I apologized for not
having gotten anything to them this month. The lady that answered the phone
said that was okay, and that was that.

Wednesday, I received a piece of mail from them , and it looked like a.
Envelope that a statement would come in. I figured that it was a bill that
has the words in it that everyone dreads, "your account is seriously
delinquent please remit balance due immediately ", or something to that
effect.

So, I opened the envelope fully expecting to find some sort of demand for
payment. Much to my complete surprise, I found a letter from the Office
Manager telling me that Dr Schwahn had spoken with them, and knew what was
going on in my life, and he told them to write off the balance due.  They
zeroed out my account.

I'm crying as I write this. The care and concern of people that love me and
my dogs is sometimes enough to leave me speechless. Or, at least they love
the dogs anyway, and maybe not me. that kindness never ceases to amaze me.
My nurse told me once that they came to the house the first time because
they had to see me, now they prattle off that the only reason that they
come now is to spoil the dogs. Nice......lol

I don't know what to say to them. Anymore than what I try to tell each of
you. Somehow. saying that I am thankful, and grateful. Just doesn't get it.
Doesn't even begin to describe my emotion.

I am once again left with the question we hear around the Daily Drool, "Who
rescued who, really?" This I know to be a fact. If I had made a list of the
things that I thought I might get as a result of rescuing a 4 month old
Basset Hound Puppy that was all ears and paws, I would have severely
cheated myself. The blessings in my life from rescuing Boomer, and then
Babe, as well as Arnie, and Harley, are too numerous to fathom. And the
money that the vet wrote off is not what I value the most. Money cannot buy
all of the friends and loved ones that I have found through the Daily Drool.

Thank you, each of you! I am speechless, due to an act of love and
sacrifice that one dog lover shows to another. Drool to those in need, and
those who have lost their loved ones, Basset Hound, animal, and human!!

Houndie Hugs and Snooter Kisses frum da Caspaw Cwew! Yours in Dwool,

Babe

Boomer

Arnie ATB

Butler Shannon-DDOD (Dat dum ol dad; an absowute total, compwete BassetCase)

Mr. Shannon R Gerdel

3583 Meadowlark Drive

Casper WY 82604

(307) 337-2144