[Dailydrool] Dogs eating grass question

Esther Strom esthermstrom at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 15:01:54 PST 2012

Waldo used to eat grass when he wasn't feeling well, but Basil just
likes to graze. He's like a little cow, munching away at the grass and
plants. (I make sure to only plant non-poisonous ones in my yard, and
don't let him do it when we're out walking because you never know what
plants and pesticides other people use.) I call him my organic weed-killer.

My vet says it's perfectly fine, as long as it doesn't seem to bother
his stomach. I just think of it like a salad bar - Basil loves greens
and raw veggies, so why not?

-Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB