[Dailydrool] a mt moment

Leslie bassetrescuemt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 16:31:14 PDT 2012

Basset Rescue of Montana
Leslie Ames - President&  Shelter Manager
bassetrescuemt at gmail.com - (406) 207-0765
http://www.bassetrescueofmontana.org

HAPPENED SO FAST WE NEVER GOT BUMMER (NOW RENAMED BOOMER) ON OUR
WEBSIGHT. A wonderful event happened 2 weeks ago here from Great Falls,
Mt. I got a distress call that a family was moving out of state into a
new house and did not want to take their basset hound. He is a senior,
mega-esophagus, fed in his Baileys chair...."smelled and was too much
trouble" after having being in the family for 11 years or so.
  So, in over 15 years of operating this shelter, I have had only 2
german shepherds with this pathology, but never a Basset and his
"chair". I needed help. Down with pneumonia, on restricted activity, I
was at a loss for what was going to be my next step to save this Basset.
That is when an angel appeared to help !!! Her name is Alexa Paul from
Basset REscue of Puget Sound.

A rescuer from the word GO and her sincere love for the aged, the
seniors, the dogs who needed that extra help.....well....... This story
ends on a happy note......and now has a New Beginning for this senior
hound who has been underfed, treated humanly perhaps, but a throw a way
never the less........!!!!! .Alexa Paul, you are the essence of what it
means to be a Basset REscue person. Bless you and everyone that is
associated with you and your organization.

We here at BAsset REscue of MT. continue to fundraise, our Quilt
fundraiser now.....our Bracelets come summer, and we will always
remember to share some of our funds to continue to help Boomer and his
needs for very special food, etc...... Alexa. I wanted to publicaly
thankyou for your generous heart and soul and willingness to help a
fellow rescuer who for right now is down and out and trying to get
healthy. alexa: THANKYOU FOR SAVING THIS BASSET HOUND. with profound
appreciation......and knowing how you have had to struggle after your
home burned......and all you and your hubby have been thru... you still
reached out and answered a homeless hounds call. THANKYOU -