[Dailydrool] Snoopy checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 22 14:36:05 PDT 2012

Harumph!!

There is nothing like having ones personal toileting habits discussed with
perfect strangers across the internet on every continent.  momPerson how could
you?  Well, as long as you already know I suppose I could tell you that they
can't find any reason why I stand there and keep trying to go after I'm done
going in the morning.  But I do.  For a full minute or two after I'm all done I
stand there and concentrate but nothing else comes out.  Rest of the time I'm
fine.  The Doctor told momPerson there is a condition where the bladder and the
urethra don't work well together but that should be all the time, not just in
the morning.  So, we don't know.  I don't have stones and I don't have a bladder
infection and they do now have baseline x rays for my back end ... but no idea
why ... enough about me!!!

Little LuLu hasn't had an accident since momPerson realized she was afraid to go
potty by herself after dark.  momPerson has to go all the way out to the grass
with her and stay with her until she is done but as long as momPerson is a good
momPerson then LuLu is a good LuLu.   I don't know if momPerson shampooing the
rugs helped or not .... but ... like momPerson said .... couldn't hurt.

I heard someone say something about jig saw puzzle dogs.  We do that.  The other
night I was on the pillow with momPerson and LuLu was on dadPersons pillow all
curled up.  Now lets see if I can describe where Cyrus was.  He had his tummy
toward LuLu and his back legs were  on one side of her and her front lets were
on the other side of her and so she was up against his belly.  My haunch was in
between his front legs and his chin ... resting on his chest.  And momPerson was
hugging him, so she was hugging all three of us as once.  Cozy, don't you
think?  dadPerson wound up sleeping on the couch because who could ask anyone to
move when confronted with a snugglefest like that?

We have stormed ... we have formed ... now we are trying to norm.  LuLu likes to
play .... but she says I play too rough at times.  Quite emphatically.  Frankly
..... she yells at me and makes me stop it if she thinks I am too rough.  The
NERVE!  If I try to tell her off then Cyrus comes and stands in between us and
gives us both disapproving looks.  LuLu and I, we don't like to be apart .... we
have to be in the same room .... usually touching.  But the play thing will need
some figuring out.  I am kind of bossy myself.  And ... I resource guard.  Thor
fixed me .... he'd get a toy and I'd grab it from him and then he'd get another
and I'd grab it and then he'd ... by the 20th toy I would loose interest.  LuLu
isn't nearly so clever .... if I'm rude she YELLS at me.  WOMEN!!

LuLu has started coming along on our walks instead of having her own.  She is a
show off.  She struts along at momPersons side ... silently.  I would pull like
a tow truck but I have a premier easy walk harness and I can't.  I can (and do)
ahroooooo emphatically throughout the walk.  No one knows why.  If I see someone
I ahroooo.  Most everyone knows Snoopy and half the time they come over and pet
me ... if they start petting me I stop ahroooing.  I also make sounds.  Some
sounds "sound" like a growl ... but momPerson thinks they might not be because
my tail is wagging and my body says I'm happy.  Cyrus just says I'm a weirdo.
Am NOT Cyrus!!!

Does your basset ahrooo on his walks?  Is it a boy thing?  Bev says her bassets
don't ahroo and they are boys.  I ahroo more than I bark.  Is that normal or is
Cyrus right?

More later from Snoopy .... with LuLu (I'm adorable and I love Cyrus because he
is tall, dark and mysterious) and Cyrus (she's cute, no doubt about it)