[Dailydrool] (no subject)

Jules H jules56pt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 20:13:39 PDT 2012

Life with bassets and kitties is a never ending adventure.  When Josh first
got the kitty brothers, they were tiny and scared to death of the big
slobbery things that live here.  They would visit and spend the whole time
under the sofa.  We would have to move furniture to get them ready to go
home.  When they came to live with us they  were bigger but still cared and
unhappy about the dogs.  They have been here 2 and 1/2 years now.  They are
the kings of the castle--just don't tell Dinger that.  They will sit close
to the bassets and even paw them on occasion like they are playing tag or
something.  They are very much at home even around four big basset girls.
Dinger just adds another layer to the fun.  He is more aloof but is very
loving to people who visit his bathroom.  That would be the master
bathroom.  Dinger loves to lounge around in there and sometimes sleeps on
the rugs.  The bassets will only come in if the human is willing to rub
ears or tails.  If there is only one human in the bed there is likely to be
a basset and at least one cat.  I never thought the girls would get along
with the cats but I was wrong.  While they don't cuddle, they tolerate one
another.  If I give treats to the bassets, the cats come running because
they know there are kitty treats in the closet too.  I think they really
like each other, just don't want the humans to know it.

Davinci went out with the dogs last night.  He was having a great time
hiding in the grass and running all over in the dark.  Then the crazy woman
came out barefooted and waving a flashlight.  She was making all kinds of
threats but Davinci didn't care.  He just found the tallest bit of greenery
and stayed in it.  Of course the crazy person stepped in something smelly.
She was not amused.  She was rather mad.  Finally the bassets wanted in so
Davinci sauntered over to the door too.  He is a pip.  Dinger stayed out of
the fray.  He was asleep in the big cat bed.

I love all of the kitties and doggies.  We must be nuts to have this many
mammals in our house along with the two legged mammals who don't know where
the dishwasher, trashcan or laundry hampers are.  Of course all of the
mammals can ferret out a snack from three rooms away.

Drool to all in need.  Ninja, Marley, Maggie, and Shelby with the kitties
and the mom