[Dailydrool] Nicky Update

Gwen Dossey pengwen65 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 05:38:38 PDT 2012

Hey everyone!

The response to my e-mail about my nephew Nick's accident has overwhelmed all of us!  Nick just couldn't believe that all of these people that he didn't even know where willing to take the time to send him cards and e-mails and send him drool (although I did have to explain why SO many people were sending him drool and about their healing powers!)!!

We are all SO thankful to each and every one of you!!  It has become a nightly ritual at my sisters house... she comes home from work and collects the mail.  She then makes dinner and places any cards that come in the mail at Nick's seat at the table.  When they are done eating, he opens the cards and shares them with the family!  He has a stack of cards you wouldn't believe, which just goes to prove that basset people and my friends are the BEST EVER!!!

As for an update, he broke his 5th, 6th and 7th vertebrae, but nothing else!  We needed to buy him some button up shirts since he can't get a t-shirt over his neck brace.  The pain is increasing, which we believe means he is healing (Cross fingers).  He is still stubborn and wants to do most things for himself, which drives my sister BONKERS!!  Last Wednesday he came down with a terrible case of the flu and couldn't keep anything down!  Poor kid ended up in the hospital for 4 days because he was so dehydrated and they couldn't control his fever!  The great news is that he is finally back home and able to keep food down again.  When he had the high fever he doesn't remember much except that they were decorating the house in all of these "weird colors".  My sister insists that did NOT happen!! :-)  He was supposed to go to the doctor this past Monday to see how his neck was healing, but he was still in the hospital from the flu, so they have to
 reschedule!  One thing that I find interesting is that he spent twice as much time in the hospital for the flu than he did from his accident!!

Well - sorry this is SO long, but I just had to write and thank you all for being SO kind to our Nicky!! If you can have your hounds continue to sling drool for him to recover quickly and maybe some for my overly stressed out sister, we would truly appreciate it!! :-) XOXOXOXO

~Gwen - slave to Teddi, Madden and Sasha~ (:>