[Dailydrool] Janie Anne's Gotcha' Day

Bill Armstrong barmstrong1027 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 14:30:15 PDT 2012

Hi All,
Seeing that the DD has been coming rather sporadically to me lately, I
wanted to wish my Dear Little Janie Anne a Happy Gotcha' Day.  6 years ago
today, May 5, I became the luckiest person in Littleton, Colorado.   I had
found a relinquished red and white Basset Hound on PetFinders and took the
250 mile trek down to Lamar, CO and met and adopted a little 3+ year old
bundle of joy named Dottie.
I had always loved Bassets but never had had the opportunity to have one of
my own.  Truthfully I wasn't even aware that there were other colors beside
the tri-colored.  At first I was a little disappointed with her color, but
looking into her eyes, I fell instantly in love.
Dottie became Janie Anne that morning.
It doesn't seem possible that 6 years have passed, where does the time go?
Janie is almost 10 now, a little slower and not quite as glossy as she was,
but I'm a little slower and grayer too!
During the past 6 years Janie and I have be separated a total of 7 days.  3
days in Vegas (the trip was already planned when I got her), 1 overnight at
the vet-tooth cleaning and a cyst removed and 3 days for reunions of mine.
Our relationship has been just what I needed.  Sure I feed and shelter
Janie and make sure she stays healthy, but what she has given me is beyond
words.
I realize that both of us are getting older, but if I go first, I've made
plans for her to be taken care of.  And if she leaves before me, I trust
that Elder Clara will welcome her to the Rainbow Bridge and keep her happy
till I rejoin her.
So in closing, I hope everyone will help us celebrate and give your Bassets
a big hug from us and maybe even an extra treat!!!

As always, our prayers and crossed paws go to all who have suffered a loss
and all who have a "Dear One" who needs help.

Woofs and hugs,
Bill, Janie Anne and
Siobhan--- "hey, what am I chopped liver?"   Don't worry Siobhan, your day
is coming in September