[Dailydrool] Training the "wild one"

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Sat May 5 05:24:52 PDT 2012

Guinness is almost 8 months old.  We can go days without an accident, then he's back to peeing on the floor then going out the dog door.  He's an avid reader.  Except he reads with his teeth.  No magazine or book is safe.  He took a coffee table book, MY book and ate it.  Well, not exactly eaten, but shredded.

I bought a flat of impatiens to put in a strawberry pot on the front porch.  I kept it high but put it on the floor for watering.  I came home and found that he'd murdered these poor helpless plants.  Dirt and flower remains were everywhere.  I wish it were on film.  Did it take seconds or did he torture them for hours?

He took MacKenzie on over a bug.  Don't mess with her when she's on a bug hunt.    Last week he got tossed out of obedience class.  Graduation is Wednesday.  I'm betting he gets held back.  More likely expelled.

Sent from my iPad