[Dailydrool] Bugsey and Browyn update

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Sun May 6 05:11:28 PDT 2012

I had all three dogs at the vet yesterday.  Browyn had to have her blood
glucose checked again and it came back normal!  Yes, we are all doing a
happy dance around here.  That means we don't have to test every month any
more and she is not diabetic at this time.  It was just a temporary growth
related thing.  Yay!

Bugsey's ear is better.  Unfortunately it is not healed.  It is definately
an allergy thing.  He developed allergies to several more grasses this past
year and while we have started him on shots for those, he is not up to the
"final" dose yet.  So, he is on a low dose of prednisone every other day
and posatex in his ear every day.  The posatex has a local steroid as well
as anti-yeast and antibacterial properties to keep the open sores from
becoming infected.  Hopefully we can get him off the pred when grass season
is over.  If not, we will re-evaluate the plan.  I really don't want him on
pred, year round.

Beauford is doing pretty good this grass season.  This gives me hope for
Bugsey.  Beauford has been on the shots a year longer.  Gee, he is a year
older.  I really see a difference between this year and last year.  He
doesn't get the ear infections like Bugsey.  He gets a rash on his
underside and then scratches it open.  No rash at all this year and we just
have him on hydroxazine and pred eye drops as needed, plus his allergy
shots.

Jennifer, momslave to Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn