[Dailydrool] ABC repawt

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Tue May 8 04:40:20 PDT 2012

'tis Duke Elvis woofing at you...
a couple of weekends ago we went to the ABC basset blast. Boy do they know how to throw a pawty! We were welcomed the night before with Pizza bones ( the hoomans eat the rest of it-blech!) and a very kind auntie even made peanut cookies just for us hounds!
The blast was, well a BLAST! auntie Shelly and uncle Don were selling some really nice basset crap and there were more raffle baskets than there is kibble bites in a bag! I sniffed and was petted LOTS. Folks like the carriage that auntie Amanda gave me to get around in and I think it just gets me more lovin. Then I was really surprised because suddenly auntie Shelly was announcing my name and put a lovely crown on my head and pronounced me Duke 2012! My what an honor. I was rescued by ABC when I was 2...it's been many years but I will never forget that they saved me!
You can see my gentlehound self right on their website www.nybasset.org - handsome fella aren't I?
Thank you ABC for finding me a furever home. If you have a couple of dollars to spare won't ya send them to auntie Shelly so they can give more hounds the same chance that I had?
snooter smooches, Duke Elvis WOOF!