[Dailydrool] Congratulations Duke Elvis 2012

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Wed May 9 09:26:02 PDT 2012

Big congratulations to the Honorable Duke Elvis 2012. You are one handsome
fella and my girls, especially Cleo (age 11) was giving some really big
wolf whistles when she saw your picture. I think she has a crush on you!

I'm with everyone else. All this pet food & treat recalls jazz is giving me
a pain. No wonder so many pets and humans get sick all the time. Look at
all the crap they put in our foods!

OK, I could use a little advice. My foster girls are on a diet but don't
seem to be losing much weight. I think little Cleo has lost some, but
little Annie looks like a tootsie roll, bless her little chubby heart! I
have them on diet kibble and cut it back to 1 cup each in the morning and
in the evening.  I put their kibble in the bowl and then top it off with
about a cup or so of green beans.  I try and wet the food down, sometimes
with a salt-free broth, because they suck the bowl dry and always act like
they're starving.  And I add a Tbsp. or two of either cooked chicken or
ground beef. I've tried baby carrots but they don't like them and if I give
them a treat, I break it in half now between the two of them (instead of 1
treat each).  I walk them daily.  They should weigh about 42-45 pounds but
when I had little Cleo weighed she came in at 60 (I almost fell over).
Does anyone have any good weight-loss tips that have worked for their
dogs????

And the strangest thing is going on with my older girl, Cleo, who has
suffered from allergies her whole life.  For years, I've tried her on
different medications, shampoos, diets, and last year we did a few
injections from an allergy serum the doctors made but nothing seemed to
help.  Her last round of itching produced not only a yeast infection under
her little armpits but it was also bacterial.  They gave her a round of a
couple of different types of medication and I've noticed the darndest thing
I've ever seen.  I noticed that for the last 2 or 3 months or so, she's not
suffering from any allergy symptoms!!!  She does scratch here & there on
occasion but her little armpits are all healed, her belly and thighs aren't
red, and the little bare place on her chest that she'd been scratching
hairless for years is gone and all the hair has grown back.  It's like her
allergies have magically disappeared.  I have no idea what the heck caused
this after 11 years, but I am extremely thankful for it and sure hope and
pray it lasts her for the rest of her life.  Anyone else ever have
something weird like this happen???

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."