[Dailydrool] Long Island Howlabaloo May 19th

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Tue May 15 04:10:47 PDT 2012

I am submitting this for Walli as the system was rejecting it. Please contact her wsnoopy at optonline.net with any questions!

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 02:34:24 +0000
From: wsnoopy at optonline.net
Subject: Countdown Hound Howlabaloo May 19, 2012 11:00 am -3:00 pm

Flash D is woofing countdown is here, aroooh , five  more days and the
> Hound Howlabaloo is back in Long Island. Please come and join
> him and compete in one or all six hilarious contests:
> Loudest Howl, Longest Eears, Butt wiggle-Tail waggin, Lights out
> and Boxer Shorts Relay.
> First, second and third place prizes will be awarded for each event.
> We will be kicking off our traditional costume pawrade at 12
> noon lead by Mrs. Shelby in one of her fine gowns and famous
> hats created by her personal designer C.L.
Senior Hounds 12 years of age or older will be honored.
So far our oldest hound LeeLee is 14 followed by Windy 13 1/2 years old.
Anyone, who has one of> those precious senior hounds and is attending,
please give me at > call at 516-503-9050.
> Sue will be travelling zillions of miles with the trailer full
> of cool Basset merchandise.
> Make sure she will go home with an empty trailer, please.
> Also available is a raffle table full of surprises and a Bake
> Sale table with our famous Long Island Basset Hound cup
cakes created by Patty Meighoo and plenty of other
scrumptious desserts (Judy D is known for those-dont
count calories that day-you would not not want to miss it)
> Pre-registration would be greatly appreciated due to limited
> space. This can be pulled up > at our websight www.tristatebassets.org
> A BIG Thank you to a wonderful team of volunteers who are
committed to make this event happen:
> Amy Schaffer - Announcer
Jim Schaffer: Sign in Contests
Registration: Cathy Larsen and Dianne Buchberger
Selling Raffle Tickets and 50/50; Dianne and Cathy and Jessie
Judges for the contests: Judy Dunham and Siobhan, Julie Tamson
> Bake Sale:, Linda Manton, -possible food back up
Food Table: Linda Schmitz and Patty Barr
BBQ Hot Dogs and Burgers; Joe Beck and ??looking for another kind soul
Hound Counter: Sue Stein
Watering the Hounds: Sue Stein
Guess the Bassets Weight; Arthur accompanied by Kyle Barr and his friend Thomas
Photographer: Liza Wallis Margulies (you will get free digital low ref image send to you
if you leave your email address on a sign in sheet)
also taking photos, if available is Flash D's auntie Ronnie Lynch
Flash D volunteered to work his own booth to help his glaucoma cousins...
Eric will be bringing a herd of adoptable hounds - keep in mind to fill out
foster and adoption applications online right now to be pre-approved-
you never know when the right hound will paw you.
> If you dont see your name mentioned on this list, and you would like to do
a little slaving for the hounds, please call us at 516-503-9050
> I\we  will guarantee we will find a job for everyone.
Anticipated special guests: Basset Hound Martha (Martha's Tail) who you
might have seen in the Tommy Hilfiger commercial),
a bagel called Quilliam Horace Flint, who writes beautiful books to help
numerous rescues and his beagle agent Sparkplug, Ray the farest
traveler from all the hounds: he was rescued from China by a local
rescue in LI. Ray now supports Tristate and will bring his new brother
Chase from Q-town.