[Dailydrool] A Match Made on the Drool

Susan Tonjes sdtonjes at comcast.net
Fri May 18 13:29:32 PDT 2012

Drum roll, please! We are pleased to announce that we are no longer empty nesters. Over the weekend, we adopted 2 Basset Hounds through Golden Gate Basset Rescue!!! Alexis is a 3-4 year old tri-color female (we think she may have some Beagle in her) and Boe (pronounced Bo) is a 2-3 year old tan/red & white male. They were separately picked up as strays and bonded when they were in an animal shelter.

We can give credit to the Daily Drool for assisting us too!  A few weeks ago Gwen Dossey posted to the DD about her Madden losing an eye to glaucoma and I replied to her about our Blue & our experiences with his losing an eye to glaucoma too.  I also mentioned losing Blue & Jonesy and she asked if we were considering getting more bassets and that if we were, she is associated with Golden Gate Basset Rescue.  One thing led to another and before we knew it, we were no longer houndless!

It's amazing how much richer our lives have become in the few short days they have been with us.  I have a feeling they are still sort of on their best behavior, but they don't have to worry -- they have found their forever home.

Susan Tonjes

Alexis & Boe

Blue & Jonesy (both ATB -- check us out on the DD Calendar 6/9/12)