[Dailydrool] Sad Friday!

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Fri May 18 14:21:13 PDT 2012

I am sad this afternoon. As you all know, I've been fostering 2 beautiful
little 3-year-old sisters for the last 7 months. We have had some barking
"issues" which resulted with me going to court earlier this year, and a
couple of chats with animal control (who are really very understanding).
I've been trying really hard for the last couple of months to go without
issues. I've been keeping them all inside during the day, driving home
every day from work to home (about 20 minute drive each way) to let them
out to potty, then putting them back in. I thought everything was going
well as I haven't heard anything in awhile from anyone. WELL, my landlord
calls today and yesterday he received an "anonymous" letter from someone
saying that he needed to do something, and he needs to meet with animal
control, and that I have too many dogs for the city ordinance, blah, blah,
blah. I know it's the old bast**d down the street who has nothing better to
do than make other people's lives miserable1

I told my landlord that I had taken care of the last complaints back in
January and that there hadn't been anything since. I even called animal
control and THEY don't have any recent complaints and also said that four
dogs is the limit (so I'm not over). Anyway, as much as it saddens me (and
makes me want to go knock on that old fart's door and give him a cussing
like he's never heard), Chris is coming in the morning to take the girls.
I've had them for 7 months and I truly had hoped to keep them until they
found a forever home. I am mad, sad, and pi**ed off all at the same time. I
love these girls to death and I feel like a flop, but I can't take the risk
of getting an order to get rid of them all or something worse. I LOVE
fostering and wish I lived somewhere out in the isolated country where
nobody could bitch and moan. I am very sad!

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."