[Dailydrool] Stomach problems

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 20 06:24:20 PDT 2012

This is basset-related because I know a few people on this list have bassets with bad stomach problems and this may, possibly, help.

For the past 4 or 5 years, one of my daughters has had really bad stomach problems. She has been diagnosed with many different diseases (Chron's, colitis, IBD, IBS etc). And nothing has really helped her. I won't go into details, but if anyone wants them, feel free to contact me.

We have tried many isolation diets and all the obvious things. Anyway, a few weeks ago, in desperation, we changed her diet to completely organic. The only thing she has that is not purely organic is tap water.

I'm not going to pretend she is cured, but the difference it has made to her life is unbelievable. She is no longer in pain, no longer constantly running to the loo, her energy levels and stamina have improved and her tummy is no longer bloating to make her look about 7-months gone.

It is not cheap, but for her, it is definitely worth it - and maybe for a few bassets who are really struggling, it might be worth giving it a go. If it cuts down on vets' fees, it may be cost effective.

We are in week three of our experiment. She started to improve (and has continued to improve) since about day 4.

Sally with Pw Rolph OEBE and Clara, UK