[Dailydrool] Stomach problems

Sue Pearson suesbassets at hotmail.com
Fri May 25 11:09:21 PDT 2012

Having just had Fred at the vet with liquid poo and then throwing up the little bit of rice he had, the young vet I saw said probably an infection so see what he is like in the morning, but give him panacur to hopefully solidify things. Obviously my first worry was bloat although he didn't have too many symptoms. I know if I lived the other side of the pond I would keep Gas X on hand which would have been handy at 4 this morning, however, we don't have it over here so I was wondering what the key ingredient is so I can see what is available. He seems to be prone to these gastric problems as this not the first time we have rushed to the vet.All is quiet now and I will try him with a little bit of rice again in about 30 minutes, so off to watch the highlights of today's play in the second test.
SueFred with a sore tummyGinger whose nose was put out of joint when I went out with him and not herSnowy and Sooty who are slowly learning that not all bassets think in terms of cats = crockpot.