[Dailydrool] Rupert's 4th Gotcha Day

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Mon May 21 15:12:10 PDT 2012

Today is Rupert's 4th gotcha day.

Most of you have heard the story so I won't rehash the whole thing,
but basically I met Rupert in March 2008 at a dog festival where he
was up for adoption after being found as a stray.

I then hounded the dadslave for 2 months "to just let us go meet him."
When the timing was finally right in May, we planned a trip with
Cowboy to go meet Rupert. That afternoon I called the agency to make
sure he was still available but it turned out he had been adopted that
very morning. Upset and feeling guilty, I drove home from work in
tears, only to be met by a big red hound, already making himself comfy
on my couch. The dadslave and Cowboy had gone down earlier that
morning and fell in love, adopting Ru on the spot. Sneaky ones, they
are.

Now 4 years later, Ru still hogs the couch...and the bed, and the
toys, and the food and whatever else there is to hog. But we love him
oh-so-much and cannot imagine our lives without him.

Happy Day Big Red! We are so happy to share your forever home with you!

Drool to all,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert and dadslave, James