[Dailydrool] BeBe ATB and Dan

Randee White randeewhite at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 15:27:43 PDT 2012

Today, Monday, is Dan and BeBe's calendar day.  When I submitted the picture I never dreamed that BeBe would be ATB (1/22/2012) and that Dan would be dying of incurable thyroid cancer.  They were buddies and slept together by the side of my bed every night.  They were the yin and yang of bassetdom.  BeBe was loud and talkative and would pester someone mercilessly if she thought she could get a treat.  Dan is always a gentlehound.  He will sit patiently and wait his turn.  BeBe would grab something out of your hand like it might disappear if she didn't get it quickly enough.  Dan will slowly and oh so gently take it from your fingers.  I miss my BeBe, but Elder Clara told me she is doing well at the Bridge and I imagine her all dressed up and wearing a lovely hat (she and Dan once dressed as Cinderella and the Prince at a BHRA picnic).  Dan is still not doing well although he is eating more.  He still coughs and chokes on his saliva.  I am
 spending a lot of time with him close by, or on my lap, and when he has more bad days than good, we will say goodbye.  I have taken heart from all of your posts to me.  I know I did what I could, I just wish there were more.  Sadly, Randee