[Dailydrool] This & That

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Mon May 21 16:11:07 PDT 2012

We're always happy to sling drool from the Houndettes laced with prayers
from me, Julie, so a bunch is definitely headed in your direction. Hope all
is well.

Vicki, you are going through exactly what we've been afraid of for years.
We live in a community that has a two dog limit. I should say used to have
because someone recently told me the restriction has been lifted but I
haven't found out if that's true or not. Anyway, if it's still in
force, we're breaking the code by two with our own hounds and then by one
or two more when we foster. Chris Bly went through the same thing that
you're going through not too long ago and I'm sure she is sympathizing with
you too. The DH and I started looking for property a while ago but, since
we aren't getting any younger, we decided that we really need to stay put.
We've never had any problems with our neighbors but, like you, we know it
will only take one to create an issue. We have finally decided to
compromise and temp foster long enough to get a hound vetted but then send
it on to its long term foster home. Its not perfect by any means but it
allows us to feel like we're still helping the hounds. We also help a
couple different transport groups to get dogs from one rescue to another.
Lets face it, every dog deserves a second chance. I'm really sorry that
someone in your neighborhood is being such a jerk. About all you can do is
hope for the appropriate karma to find him. Most of our neighbors have said
how much they respect what we do but we have new neighbors moving in right
next door to us so who knows how that is going to go. I'm hopeful at this
point. I've caught the man of the family leaning over the fence to love on
the Houndettes a few times so maybe they'll be ok.

I saw a bunch of pictures posted on FB from some of you who went to the
Waddle this past weekend. It looks like all of you had so much fun! Some
day maybe we'll be able to go. I sure hope so!

The Houndettes are slinging heart healing and get well drool to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger