[Dailydrool] need prayers please

Vicki Fadeley bfk3199 at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 21:46:38 PDT 2012

My basset, Bella, got ahold of my grandchildren's 8 week old pug this afternoon and almost pulled her eye out .Luckily the vet was able to put back under lid and sewed it shut till swelling goes down and all.  He felt like she can see out of it and that all will be okay as it moves and she blinked when made motion towards face.  He said even if does lose sight in it she has her eye.  Then this evening later my son brought her in to me as he noted a knot on her side that hadn't noted today when at vets. We don't know how well vet checked her otherwise as wasn't in room when sewed shut.  We were just all concerned over eye. It seems to hurt her some and I'm not sure what is but we have to take her back to vet tomorrow morning so he can check her over again and put the antibiotic drops in it that he gave us to do twice a day.  He said wanted to do in morning so have to take her in then.  Please keep little Molly in your prayers that the lump is
 nothing and that her eye is okay.  It would break everyone's heart to have something happen to her.
We have to watch Bella around pups as they want to play, sometimes rough and Molly may have grabbed her ear or something, I don't know.  Bella will tolerate so much but she can be snappy. She was outside and one of the grandkids left back door open, she got in to house and it happened.  I was in bedroom with door shut so don't know what happened, just heard all the screaming and noise and ran from bedroom to other part of house to see what was about. Kids have been told repeatedly to make sure door closes behind them going in or out but no one as been inforcing it.  I can't really blame Bella but it's not first time has happened either as I have shih-tzu she did to over year ago and it put his eye completely out.  I don't know what to do as in situation of having to stay at sons but scared to death of what might have or did happen.
Anyway, please keep Molly in your prayers and us as I may have to make decision don't want to about Bella.
Thank you
Vicki   .