[Dailydrool] Ben's not eating

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Thu May 31 06:38:44 PDT 2012

For  probably the last 30 years none of my dogs except Charlotte
(ATB) ate away from home.  Since they are show dogs, they were away
from home most weekends, at least in the summer.  And most weekends
they just stared at their food and then took a nap.  I had some
success by giving them a different brand of food, but that would only last
a meal or two.  Ditto with adding canned food.  Hand feeding
would usually work for 2 meals, especially if someone else's bassets were
in the same pen with mine and THEY really wanted what I was hand
feeding.  The only thing that worked almost all the time was hand
feeding slices of a meat roll like Rollover.  I took a whole case of
Rollover to Nationals one year and Fuzzy actually gained weight  on
the trip.  Then a few years ago I decided I was done with that.
Dogs do not starve themselves to death.  So if they stared at their
food, they must need the nap more than dinner..  They could go
hungry.  The dogs I have shown since then have mostly had hearty
appetites, on the road or not.  Apparently word has gotten around
that momma's not rewarding bad behavior anymore.

crazy basset
lady
MAKE DROOL NOT WAR

Please take time to visit these