[Dailydrool] Miss Angela on tornado warnings.

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Tue May 1 22:10:21 PDT 2012

Dear Bill and Miss Angela -- we live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, in the
southern end of Tornado Alley, and we have to say that our reaction to the
frequent tornadoes we have here is pretty much like yours, you get used to
it.  We differ in that I drink Coke instead of Scotch.  Real Coke, mind you,
not the diet stuff.  We used to have a lot more tornadoes in this area when
I was a youngster, lots of times during tornado season you could go outside
in the afternoon and see several small tornadoes in the sky at once, it was
actually pretty neat.  Anyway, we keep working on the computer, and pretty
much ignore the sirens as long as we're in the house.  There are no
basements in Texas (ground shifts too much), even in rural areas nobody has
storm cellars any more, and there's not a room in our house without windows,
including both bathrooms.  I suppose I could try to get the dogs to huddle
with me in the hall, but who wants to sit on the floor in the hall?  And
even though a couple of the cats are afraid of storms, getting them out of
their hidey-holes into the safer hallway would be pretty much impossible.  I
prefer my skin to stay attached to my body, thank you.  We have had some
pretty close calls over the years, so you would think I'd worry, but I
don't.  We break out the Coke and enjoy the storm, say a little prayer for
those in harm's way, and be thankful that you end up safe in your little
house.

Anita Woodrum
awoodrum at clear.net