[Dailydrool] Not reading bad news

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 14:20:24 PDT 2012

This is something I really know about.I walk out of movies that have animal
deaths as part of them: I walk out of movies and do not read books that
involve torture or executions. I refuse to watch Silence of the Lambs, In
Cold Blood-- both of which I read.I cannot watch CRIMINAL MINDS any more.
But I also know that not viewing these things, and not reading the papers
and not  watching torture movies doesn't make it go away, that it is out
there, sure as I breathe. And people do terrible things to each
other,nevermind dogs and cats and horses and so on. Mothers who drown their
children, or shoot them or so on andso forth.
And while I avoid the fictitious stuff, I know about the real stuff, and I
know that if I avoid it, it is one less person out there able to help.
And so I will continue to aknowledge that these things happen, and do what
I can to help. Hiding, (much as I would love to do it) isn't going to
change a thing.
I hope the people who have said they are going to drop out beacause of
these  things reconsider.

MomPerson to Nigel and LLewis and Conley and Doc, who could have just as
easily been that Basset.