[Dailydrool] water aggression, hunger, weight gain

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 19:47:34 PDT 2012

Hi, cathy.  I do have one suggestion.  As long as you are having your
vet run bloodwork, please have them run a full thyroid panel.  When my
Bozlee had low thyroid, he was often snarky and snappy for no good
reason, he gained weight even though we had him on a diet, was
insanely hungry (I mean, all bassets live for food, but he was NUTS),
and seemed to always be thirsty.  He had only a slightly low
(hypoactive) thyroid when we ran the test.  But once we put him on a
low dose of thyroid medicine, all of those symptoms went away.
 Best,
Menzie