[Dailydrool] locked gates way to go!

Marie Campbell moonlitlily1212 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 01:19:55 PST 2012

Hi Gang,
    I agree whole heartedly!  I went to Home Depot and had them cut two- 2 foot lengths of car chain--the heavy, heavy gage which you use to tow cars with-- and bough two padlocks with multiple keys.  I had a Newfoundland, a Landseer, named Lorelei, she was imported from Germany and one of the most wonderful, sweetest dogs God ever created.  She knew how to flip the latch on my chainlink fence gates and would liberate the while gang.  Newfoundlands are not street smart!!!!!  Thank God for my neighbor who came running to my house to let me know that Lorelei and company were at her house standing in her drainage ditch!!!  After that, I never left a gate unlocked but here is a funny story about Lorelei.
    I had the phone line repairman coming to fix my phone lines that the Newfs dug up and I left the walk through gate unlocked for him.  Unfortunately, I had let Lorelei out at the last minute and went to work and forgot she was outside.  Fortunately, I own my own business so I can come home any time I want after a job is done.
    I returned home after 4 hours to find the phone man and Lorelei under my big oak tree eating lunch!!!  He had roasted chicken for lunch and he said he loved Lorelei so much that he decided to have lunch with her and share the bounty!!!  She had a new best friend with roasted chicken to share.  I am shocked he was not afraid of her because she was 31 inches at the shoulder and 150 pounds but she loved people and fellow dogs beyond reason.  God rest her soul!  I miss her everyday but I still have three of her wonderful children here!
Marie and the Basset Crew

Man Plans ~ God Laughs