[Dailydrool] Bell ringing hounds

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Nov 5 09:38:19 PST 2012

I just found an old Drool that I missed sometime around Sandy's advent into our lives. But I wanted to chime in on this.

Jane is the only hound we've had who rang bells. She was a smart cookie and picked up on the need to ring after I did a bit of training. Every time we'd go out, I would ring the bells. In a day or two, she got the idea and rang them herself whenever she wanted access to the out of doors.

None of our other hounds learned that, probably because we had multiple hounds, and I just kept forgetting to ring the bells as I wrangled a fistful of leashes. But if you are very consistent on the ringing and have a smart hound, it might just work.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets