[Dailydrool] A MONTANA MOMENT

Leslie bassetrescuemt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 08:18:31 PST 2012

I have new eye glasses and will try the lower caps but do not be
surprised if that changes.  Many areas to report to Droolers. My
Gustophor, also Gussie, Goosie,AugustusMcCrae......and called my forever
buddy and heart/life long friend .....Dr. Ken helped me send him over to
The Bridge right here on his couch.....looking out at his backyard and
meadow.  His mouth cancer had progressed just too far. I made sure he
passing was peaceful and calm. Folks who know me well know how hard it
is for me to bear/bare such a loss and that is why I have not as yet
picked up his ashes as I want to think he is not gone but here in the
house hidding somewhere from me.
Gussie's mom, Lakota Sue, age 15 yr....almost passed away after Gussie
left.   I, also, am giving her Pred and its keeping her walking and
doing ok.  I will also add Tramadol as needed soon.  She licks her paws
alot .  I think her joints really hurt her.  Half her tail is fused and
does not wiggle at all.

In August, right in front of my grandson and me returning from Missoula
for dinner...... Argus, my dearest friend German Shepherd who I adopted
years ago....... he was seizing and dying of Bloat....ALL WITH IN 3
HOURS THAT WE WERE GONE TO DINNER.....Please everyone, if you do not
know about Bloat/Torsion.....please ask your vet or me or anyone in
rescue....it is called the MOTHER OF ALL EMERGENCIES.  That vision of
him at the end was horrific and I will never never forget it.
My 12 yr. old grandson, me, and 2 guys who are my neighbors....all dug a
grave in this mountain creek bed dirt so I could bury him close by--
right in my front yard to keep a good eye on him while I am alive.    He
was my guardian and protector and so tuned in to my heart and soul.
Argus lived a blessed life here on the ranch with me and walked with me
daily to the mailbox 800 steps away.  He was over 12-14 years old.
Bless his loving heart.

Next, knowing I have to push on:  our priorities is to keep fundraising
and helping others.  First off: on our main page on the
websight....George put a pic of a squishy Basset Hound, standing  13
inches high and his tag reads:  Country of Origin France dated 1500's
and gives basic basset info.
He was donated to us from a Canadian couple who loved dearly their
Basset.  I do not have Kathlyn to post nice Hounds Bay items any longer
so I have this Basset for SALE on our main page.   Guess if interested,
email or callme for any more info.  This Basset is not in great shape,
but good enough for any collector to enjoy.   His helmet has tiny crack
lines in it. His boots look like perhaps he attended one or maybe 2
Waddles.....lol  lol  I did not want to have our Ebay person place him
for sale there, therefore I did the best I can putting on our front page
to sell.  He's only TEN DOLLARS PLUS SHIPPING.

Also, on our main page is our beaded bracelets flyer :     we have lots
left still that would make great presents  .....and the price reduced
for holiday gifts to only 7.00$ each with free shipping. Also, Chris
Bly  wmbr has some great bracelets also with different charms on them.
Not sure of details but please do ask her....Chris does wonders to help
all her states' Bassets.

Finally after over half a year, well almost 10 months....Jingles finally
found his forever home and it made my day. Checkers.....who was our
starved boy and chained for 2 years......well, we are smitten with each
other that is for sure. He now that Jingles is not here......Checkers
follows me everywhere so close that he stands in front of me
everywhere!!   I sure can tell the dynamics of the shelter dogs has
changed with Jingles adopted.

Lastly, I wanted Suzanne in New Jersey to know her packages were mailed
out yesterday.    Being evacatuated myself due to the famous Black CAt
Wildfire.....I am so well aware of what that does to someone......and I
hope  Droolers can help in some way large or small.....to send
MidAtlantic Basset Hound  REscue .......some help..... in any form and
to any of the rescues there that need help.   Even an email to offer
warm healing love and encouragement that: this too........shall pass.
To have your home flattened and everything lost is beyond what I can
even  imagine.   Also, sending our healing drool to all who need it
today and hope that all the rescue organizations do well with
fundraising this season.

Thankyou for listening.. I know this was really long.

-- Basset Rescue of Montana Leslie Ames - President & Shelter Manager
bassetrescuemt at gmail.com - (406) 207-0765
http://www.bassetrescueofmontana.org