[Dailydrool] Zoe Update

Lisa Board lisaboardva at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 12:32:31 PST 2012

A big, big thank you to all who have written on the Drool and privately.
As I've shared with many of you, having the Drool is such an absolute
blessing.  There is so much comfort in knowing what a large community we
have of folks that just "get" these wonderful creatures.

I am so happy to report that Zoe is having more good days than bad, so
thank you and your fur babies for slinging all that drool!  My girl is
eating like a champ, thanks to the Cerenia and Prilosec.  She gets a little
"urpy" sometimes, and oh my Dawg is she gassy (all of the rich food she's
getting, no doubt!), but on the whole things are good.

Her current regimen is 10mg pred, 1/2 of a Prilosec, 15mg Cerenia every
day.  I've started giving her Tramadol as well.  I'm counting on her to let
me know when it's "time".  I went home for lunch today to check on her, and
she trotted right behind me to the kitchen and yelled for her bowl.  I'm
mostly feeding her chicken and rice, with some Purina One canned food mixed
in.  She is probably eating 3 cups per day.  And treats.  She loves cheese
and Beggin' Strips.

I spoke with her vet today because I am still doubting myself and wondering
if I am doing the right thing here.  The vet assured me Zoe's quality of
life is still there, and take it a day at a time.  So that's what we'll
do.  I still torture myself daily over thinking Buckley went to the bridge
way too soon, and it's awful.

Thank all of you again ... can't tell you what your caring and support mean.

Ahrooo!  Sending drool and slurps everyone's way.

Lisa, Mama to Baloo, Zoe and Buckley ATB