[Dailydrool] Addition (and soon to be subtraction)

C Bradley cbradley at bradleyaudio.com
Tue Nov 13 09:42:06 PST 2012

Jean Claude had his last chemo a week and a half ago and the oncologist has
been thinking the chemo was getting less effective. So he had me come back
Friday and then he made the decision not to continue. The long drive into
Portland has been hard on the old guy, anyway, and the chemo had been making
him sick for a few days - for the last few months anyway. So he's done with
chemo and the vet told us to take him home and enjoy him while he is still
feeling okay. He seems to be doing fairly well, though he is getting very
pokey. We have him on good pain meds and if he is in pain, it seems
manageable. We are so very grateful that the oncologist has been such a
pleasure to work with and that we had over a year and a half of extra time.
I don't know how long it will be before we have to send him on his way, but
we are monitoring him closely to ensure he still has a quality life.

Knowing this was coming, we set out to find a rescue basset. We had an
opportunity that did not work out and I looked at petfinder for rescues that
might be within a couple of hours drive. We found a beautiful basset puppy
at an all terrier rescue (go figure). She is about 8 months old and the rest
of the dogs - and the cats - think she is a banshee or something the way she
races around. She's a very snuggly tri - mostly black with some brown and
white. And she is so sweet and so wild. She came to this rescue from Baja.

Anyway, I am announcing the addition of Magnolia Roux (Maggie Roux) to the
Bradley household. She is lots of fun and even Claude seems to tolerate her
puppy antics - as much as a cranky old guy can.

Seth & Christie Bradley in Hood River, OR
Jean Claude & Maggie Roux (bassets), Izzy (spasset), Daphne (lab)
3 cats and ducks &chickens