[Dailydrool] Newman D of the Havasu Hounds ATB

Janis Wetherbee havasuhounds at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 15:16:27 PST 2012

Newman D of the Havasu Hounds has flown to the bridge.  He went last night
about 6 pm.  When I came home from taking care of my mom at a bit after 3
pm he was in distress.  Moaning and groaning and just not right.  I didn't
know what to do as I had no money for the vet and most here will not wait
for payment.  I contacted one vet I had seen a year or so ago and they said
bring him in and we'll work on it.  I then remembered mom had Care Credit
so i stopped by her house and grabbed that and off we went to the vet.  He
could hardly walk and had vomited.  Vet did some blood work and X-rays and
saw that he had lots of free air in his abdominal cavity and found a huge
mass in his stomach.  Vet is pretty sure the Mass eroded right through the
stomach wall and caused the free air.  He showed me the X-rays and after
some discussion we decided it was best Newmie be released from his earthly
body to fly free.  I had him almost 13 years.  I think he would have been
13 on December 31 of this year.  I got him as a pup from AZBHR.  He was one
of the New Years pups from Ellie who was a puppy mill doggie.  I will miss
my old man but I know he is up at the bridge having sausage and eggs with a
large side of bacon.  Love you forever Old Man Mooooo.
Janis and the one remaining Havasu Hound Mollie Grace
with
Frederick D ATB (1995)
Cleo P ATB (2005)
Drew P ATB (2007)
Chopper C ATB (2011)
Norton B ATB  (2012)
and now Newman D ATB (2012)
--

Unconditional love comes from a rescued animal.  They may not be our whole
world but they make our worlds whole.