[Dailydrool] Kennel Cough

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 09:54:06 PST 2012

So, Cowboy caught the funk. Not sure how as he was vaccinated less than a
year ago and hasn't been to a dog park in a couple weeks but regardless
he's got it.

We have him on antibiotics and cough suppressant but it is oh so pitiful to
see him hack away. Especially in the middle of the night. He is so darn
cute though and the Dadslave has been really good about waking up with him
at 2 or 3 AM so I can sleep until I have to be up for work.

Oddly enough, Rupert hasn't caught it. We are watching but so far, he seems
fine and Cowboy started showing symptoms on Sunday. Fingers and paws
crossed for Ru to remain KC free.

Cowboy seems fine otherwise. He is eating, drinking and playing like crazy.
He won't let a stupid cough keep him down. The worst part though is that he
still wants his walks and is dying for some canine socialization. He is
such a social butterfly and just loves other dogs.

How long should he stay away from the park? I was thinking a couple of
weeks, but don't want to go too early and get anyone else sick. It's going
to be a long few weeks chasing him around the yard and living room.

Thanks,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert