[Dailydrool] Not drinking

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 07:45:49 PST 2012

It sounds as if she is getting plenty of liquid. If your Vet isn't worried,
I would quit pushing it. You're starting a power struggle that you will end
up losing, since you really cannot force her to drink.
When my son was about 1 he quit eating meat. If I pushed, he would eat it
and throw it up. Everyone (my parents) said he HAD to eat meat. I thought,
why? The pediatrician said he was fine as long as he got protein from
another source. He ate a lot of peanut butter and cheese and stuff like
that. Eventually many years later, he began eating some meat.Now in his 30s
he has gone back to being a Vegetarian.  So he won anyway. So will your
dog. I would be sure she has access to water and quit worrying about it. Be
sure the broth is low-sodium.
MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Doc