[Dailydrool] I've been a bad, bad momPerson

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 23 12:23:51 PST 2012

Ok, ok, so everyone has their limits.  Yesterday I ran a 10K and then came home
and cooked Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings.  By 10:30 I was TIRED and
went to bed with all 3 hounds.  And the, around 2AM, the DH came to bed ....
turning on lights and getting dogs stirred up and generally causing a ruckus
..... so I got up and went into the bathroom and when I came back out Greg was
comfortably settled and completely ignoring everything around him so I said
"where's Gracie?"  Cause, it's dark, and its the middle of the night and while
she is getting more reliable she still has to be watched if it's dark or raining
outside .... well he kind of moaned so I started down the hall and stepped in
the puddle.

Sheesh.  So I went and got a towel and cleaned it up and sprayed it down with
Natures Miracle and went to get back into bed and there was Gracie.  And I was
irritated with her and her dadPerson and the world in general and I just picked
her up and set her down on the dog bed next to our bed and said I didn't want to
sleep with her and turned off the light.

She kind of shuddered and we heard her tags jingle as she got up and headed down
the hall.  Greg said "honey now she's confused, she doesn't want to sleep by
herself why did you do that?  You mean ole momPerson you!  I hope you left your
book on the end table."

Well, we just lay there and after about 5 minutes she came back.  Wet ears, cold
belly, she went and put herself out the dog door and went all the way to the
grass and then came back to tell me.  I'd been to lazy to take her outside after
she made a mistake so she'd taken care of that herself.  And came back and gave
me a kiss and snuggled back in to sleep with everyone else.

More later from the mean ole clueless momPerson