[Dailydrool] Monday Morning Drama

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 26 09:28:55 PST 2012

Good morning Droolers, it's the clueless momPerson here,

Whew.  Had last week off.  Back to work and school this morning.  Whew.  I
started off with the best of intentions.  I really did.  Got up on time and fed
the dogs and turned them out and woke the girls for school and started getting
dressed.

The girls didn't want to get up, they really didn't.  And they made some unhappy
sounds.  I tried to help, I made them some nice corned beef sandwiches for lunch
and left them in the CENTER of the counter when I headed back to finish
dressing.

I forgot bassets can fly.  Especially young, spry, springy bassets.  Apparently
what happened next is that Gracie "created" a missing corn beef sandwich.  We
don't know this for sure, what we know for sure is that Gracie started screaming
as though she were being murdered.  I RAN from the other end of the house and by
the time I arrived at the scene of the crime Snoopy was headed for the dog door
with a corn beef sandwich in his mouth.  I gave chase, cornered him outside,
retrieved said sandwich (which he was MOST intent on curating, btw) by prying
open his mouth while shouting rather rude remarks at him (ok, ok, so I lost my
cool) and then sprinted back inside to inspect every square inch of Gracie.
Gracie didn't have a mark on her, not a nick, not a scrape, nothing, for all her
screaming she was completely unharmed and it seems the only casualties in the
whole incident was her dignity and my composure.  Oh .... and the sandwich bag
which was slimy and gross and I had to move the sandwich to a clean bag.

Gracie has really been pushing Snoopy's buttons lately, last week they got into
it and he nicked her ear ..... there was a little tiny dot of blood and it
formed a scab the size of a pin head ..... first time I've seen that.  I don't
think he did it on purpose, I think she stole food and he wanted her to give it
up and she was less than inclined to do so.  They cuddle together and play
together and love on each other so I guess it could have been an accident ....
but I doubt it.

ok, so off to the rest of my day.

The clueless momPerson with Snoopy, OEBE, curator of missing objects and Gracie
(soon to be OEBE creator of missing objects) and LuLu (who can't believe how
these to carry on)