[Dailydrool] ASTT Update

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Mon Nov 26 10:02:00 PST 2012

Director Ruger woofing in with an update from HQ ASTT. Things have been very hectic here lately with deployments up to Indiana to scout out a possible new ASTT HQ. With the impending draw down of the US Armed Forces, ASTT is also being realigned and will possibly be moving to southern Indiana in the very near future. At the moment we are looking at a 40 acre "Howling Hound Acres" farm/ASTT HQ and are just waiting for the bureaucrates and bean counters to give us the go ahead.  Plus Colt and I have been patrolling our toe bones to the bone as the terrorist squirrel activity is still very high with the warm fall like temps here in the Florida Panhandle.  Also the squirrelistans are still dispersing itchycyde and both Colt & I have been having tummy breakouts. The Momma has us both back on our anti-itchycyde medications and we are having to wear our personal protective gear when we go out on patrol and be decon'd upon completing patrols. Colt and I had a great Thanksgiving with both the momma and dad at home with us for the long holiday weekend. Dad gave us some of the turkey pickens when he finished carving up the bird.  Pickens are those little bits of turkey that you pick off the carcaus and nibble on because their isn't enough to make a sandwich out of but you just hate to throw any little bit of meat out. Also some of you may remember reading about momma breaking Colts food bowl and then went on a search for made in the USA food bowls for us.  Well we got them last week, Auntie Sue Cline made us some beautimous hand crafted pottery, doggie food bowls. Now let me tell you every hound needs a Handcrafted with love by a basset momma, made in the USA, food bowl! They are dishwasher and mircowave safe!  Make your momma and dadpersons order you one today!  Last but certainly not least, that it is with heavy hearts that we hear at ASTT sling out into drool land the heart healing drool for all of those that have lost beloved houndies this Thanksgiving.  May they live forever in the magic of your memories.

Colt & I want to wish everyone a happy, healthy and safe howliday season!

Ruger, Director ASTT
ASTT HQ Florida Panhandle