[Dailydrool] Shelter Challenge Voting

Marilyn Burns mj_burns at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 26 13:40:22 PST 2012

If you been checking the voting percentages throughout the Shelter Challenge
contest - you HAVE to be aware that Labor of Love Rescue has been gaining on
us at a steady pace.  On October 17th - I posted on the Drool that we had
over a 12% lead on them.  Within a little over a month, they have erased
that lead and continue to add to it daily.  They now have us by almost a
half percent!

In the beginning of November, an Ohio Drooler, Melinda, reported to us that
Labor of Love was gaining so much ground due to the assistance of the Cat
Rescue, Friends of Felines, that won the 1st weekly prize in this challenge.
They are both from the same - relatively small town - in Ohio.

To illustrate just how strong this Cat Rescue is...  In 2011, they won 4
times in 4 challenges - including the Grand Prize for a total of $10,000!
In 2012, they have again won the Grand Prize and have won in ALL the
challenges for a total of $9,000!  As Labor of Love also won a total of
$2,000 during the last challenge period, it IS likely that it was due to the
Friends of Felines assistance.

As our lead in the Ohio race has been decreasing - there have been post
after post regarding voting.  It has had virtually no effect!  Why? -
because this bunch is a juggernaut!

The ONLY chance to win the $1,000 State Prize is to temporarily switch our
support for Labor of Love Rescue so that they win the $1,000 Weekly Prize
and become inelligible for the coveted State Prize.   With less than 3 more
weeks to pull this off - we had better reach a concensus soon.

These guys are so strong - they might not even NEED our help to win the
Weekly Prize - but it should be a "lock" if we add our votes to theirs!
Sadly, without doing something this drastic - logic and the voting numbers
indicate we are doomed.

Marilyn - born and raised in Northern Ohio - and now the loving Mom of
Amanda Lynn and Bridgemates Samantha Sue and Bob Burns