[Dailydrool] food

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 10:19:09 PST 2012

I am not good on food. Like the Bassets, I eat whatever doesn't crawl away
first. I have fed almost everything except raw,which I just cannot bring
myself to do. I have cooked for them as well but it proved to be so
expensive to do it right that I had to quit. If I had one dog, I would do
it. Not four.
I do not feed BBuffalo. I don't like it. Cooper used to spit out the little
vitamin things in it; it gives Nigel the runs and Doc gets gas so easily--
currently am feeding Wellness Core and Nigel is on a special diet of SO
from Royal Canin.
I think my personal favorites are the freeze-dried no grain foods but
again, I cannot afford to feed them. One thing I noticed about Science
Diet, even 15 yrs ago, was that dogs at the kennel who ate it tended to
have very large stools.VERY large. To me, this means a lot of it is not
being utilized. Recently I have also used Purina One and Smart Blend, but
again, the coats are much better--noticeably better-- on the Wellness Core.
I kind of think that a lot of the foods are acceptable and that many of the
really high-end brands are not as great as they are cracked up to be. When
I started using Wellness, it was really hard to find here.Now it's all over
the place. Nevertheless, I pay a lot for it. More than I would like.
Anytime you have multiple dogs, unless you are blessed with financial
excess, cost is going to be an issue. Everyone does what they can. There
are thousands of people out there who don't eat as well as our dogs. I
always think of that when I pay more for dog food than for a pound of
hamburger.

MomPerson to Llewis, Nigel, Conley and Doc who prefers newspaper anyway.