[Dailydrool] Tummy troubles

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 07:34:23 PST 2012

Gallagher is my big red boy.  He runs between 75 and 80 pounds and there's
not an ounce of fat on him.  He's long, broad shouldered and has the
longest basset ears that I've ever seen.  He's also the sweetest of my 3.
 While we were away my daughter sent a note to tell us he threw up and it
looked a little red.  I suggested that she give it a day before running off
to the vet.  Sure enough, he was fine.  He gets pancreatitis from time to
time and has had frequent bouts of belly aches.  His blood levels can go
crazy.  All of this is apparently due to stress.  If we travel, he
stresses.  He's on a very low fat diet and we've learned to avoid human
food with him.  The vet has had him on pepcid in the past.  Any suggestions
for this as a preventive??