[Dailydrool] My morning

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 30 09:57:43 PST 2012

Please don't laugh at me.  Please.

It's pouring here in Northern California.  Pouring.  Gracie has gotten over her
fear of peeing in the dark.  Rain is another story.

So ... this morning I fed them.  LuLu and Snoopy ran outside, peed real quick,
ran back in and got toweled off.  I put a lead on Gracie and pulled her out the
front door and onto the lawn.  Nope, nope, not gonna pee, no way, it's pouring.
So I stood there holding the umbrella over her.  for TEN minutes.  Nothing.
Shivering, wet cold, not gonna pee.  I yelled at her.  She still didn't pee.  I
apologized.  She still didn't pee.  I decided to hold the umbrella over ME
instead of over her.  She still didn't pee.  FINALLY I decided to make her walk
.... we got 4 houses and she couldn't hold it anymore and squatted and peed.
FINALLY.

So I brought her home and we came through the door and as we did Snoopy charged
out the door into the pouring rain.  Oh lord .... I screamed NO Snoopy STOP ....
I even tried to grab his tail but no sale, he pulled loose and was gone.  I took
off after him shouting his name in the happiest voice I could manage as I ran
through the driving rain after him.  Fortunately he was none too happy about the
rain and took shelter on a neighbors front porch and I was able to corner him
and grab him.  As I led him home my teenager came running down the street with
his lead shouting "my baby" .... well, at least this was a good way to get the
teenager out of bed.  NOT  I checked her 10 minutes later (after I toweled us
all off) and instead of dressed she was BACK IN BED ASLEEEP.

You're laughing at me aren't you?  It does not end there.

I drove Natalie to the school bus and waited so she could sit in the car until
it came and not get soaked.  When I got home Gracie had "something" and was
going crunch, crunch, crunch.  I took it away from her.  A retainer case.  On
the floor was 2/3 of a retainer.  So, I am hoping and praying this is Juliannes
retainer because she starts round 2 of braces in 2 weeks and doesn't wear her
retainer anymore and I *think* she had one that was broken like this with a
piece missing.  I am also hoping Gracie didn't EAT the piece that is missing
because the missing piece had a long, sharp curved wire which wraps around a
back too.  I am seriously hoping it isn't Natalie's retainer because that would
mean that Gracie ate the piece AND it would be the third one AND they cost $250
a pop.  Please hope and pray with me here and some drool couldn't hurt either.

So, then I drove Julianne to high school and on the way she informed me that the
11th grade history teacher who was so sweet who opened up his classroom to all
the girls (even 10th graders like my daughter) and always had food and hot water
for tea and encouraged them to hang out with him has been placed on
administrative leave and had his classroom sealed and police are investigating
because he is accused of molesting some of the girls.  I asked if he ever
touched her and she said no .... I hope he didn't bother any of the girls, I
really do but I'm worried, really worried.

So then I came home and got some coffee and tried to work and I heard Snoopy in
the kitchen and by the time I got down there he had the pastry box and had eaten
the rest of the breakfast pastry .... so the girls and I got ours but he got
Gregs and the other half of mine and Juliannes.  I called him an A*& @#L*  and I
meant it too.

I had a rough morning, I hope yours was better.

More later from the clueless momPerson who could really use a break here.