[Dailydrool] collars

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 11:50:18 PST 2012

None of mine wear collars at home. It worries me to some extent, but on the
other hand, mine do a LOT of wrestling and neck chewing. Part of the reason
for my decision is safety and part, I admit, is because I usually start out
with a puppy planning to show,and do not want a collar ring. Cooper is the
only dog I have had who wore a collar all the time.It was a buckle collar
with a nameplate. He didn't wear one when he was being shown. It worries me
but by the same token I don't worry about them when they play. The moment I
plan to take one out of the house, the collar goes on.
My cats wore the breakaway collars. If I ever thought it was not necessary
to make sure they were breakaway collars it was dispelled the day I found
one of Ambulance's (cat ATB) collars hanging ten feet off the ground on a
tree branch. He would have hung himself.
Remember if you chip your pet to register the number. I cannot begin to
tell you how frustrating it is to have a lost dog brought in who is chipped
and not registered with the company. Happens all the time.

MomPerson to Nigel,Llewis, Conley and Doc