[Dailydrool] We had an emergency today!

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Fri Nov 30 12:31:16 PST 2012

As I was trying to coax Buster  back into the house this morning since he was finished with his after breakfast stroll through the yard (he was pouting and upset I did not hand feed him this morning), I heard a terrible squeal, at first I thought they had a baby bunny in their grasp by THEY I mean the other eight Bassets who were romping around the yard thinking Buster is a doofus.
Squeal squeal squeal... I look over and Bubba is limping and crying ... oh no!! Now what????
I scooped him into my arms and looked him over no thorn in the paw, but he would yelp when I touched his ankle so immediately we called the vet packed into the car and off we went for Xrays.
Bubba sprained his ankle. Sprained his ankle from playing too hard.
UGH! Just when I thought I had a handle on the vet bills now we had four more Xrays to pay for and an office visit, some pain pills, a knockout drug to relax him so they could take the X rays and a wake up drug.... Geesh!
Then on the way home he had diarrhea in the car a side effect of the drugs they gave him. Now I am worn slick, gave him a bath, cleaned the car from stem to stern if cars have such things....he got his soft cast wet loaded with diarrhea so need to redo that .... having a bad day today.
I am so happy nothing is broken but am ready for wine if only we had some.
Buster looking at Bubba and saying man you stink!! Stewie says lets play some more... Bubba drooling like crazy on the rug in the bathroom as he waits for the drugs to wear off ...massive drool is another side effect and clenched jaws... I think next time I will just offer to hold him for Xrays this was way too traumatic on him and me. See Bubbas picture under our Available Hounds here:  http://wmbri.org donations are always welcome.